Neuhoff Contest Rules
Prizes can be picked up during regular business hours (excluding holidays) Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm within 30 days of winning a prize.
All prizes must be picked up in person. Prizes will not be mailed unless specifically stated.
1. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local law regulations apply.
2. Qualifications: Limit one entry per person, during each on-air giveaway, on-site remote contest, online contest, or text contest. Prize winnings may not be transferred. All winners or qualifiers are subject to verification. One must be at least 18 years of age or older to qualify and must have positive identification (such as a valid driver’s license [and] social security card), unless otherwise stated by Neuhoff Media. Qualifiers for any grand prize (having a value over $100 dollars) must reside in Illinois. All employees of Neuhoff Media and participating sponsors as well as their immediate family are ineligible to participate in any on-air contest or any on-site remote contest.
3. One person per household may win a prize valued at $599 or less once every 30 days through on-air, on-site, online, or text contest. Once you have won a prize from a specific radio station, you are ineligible to win again for the next 30 days. Neuhoff Media will rely on contestants, participants, and winners to truthfully disclose if one has won within the past 30 days. In the event that it is not documented by Neuhoff Media, the prize winner is expected to be responsible and aware of his or her eligibility status, based upon the honor system. If you win a prize valued at $600 or more, you may not win any prize from Neuhoff Media for a period of one year.
4. Definition of prize: The term “prize” in this set of rules includes (but is not limited to): CDs, T-shirts, movie passes, gift certificates, concert tickets, trip giveaways, and anything else with the value of $1 – $599. Any and all state and local taxes of prize packages valued over $599 are the responsibility of the winner. A 1099 (W9) form will be sent to the winner for tax purposes. All prize winners are solely responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes, and/or fees applicable.
5. Neuhoff Media and other sponsors will not be responsible for prizes forfeited because of ineligibility. Should the winner forfeit the prize for any reason, it will remain the property of Neuhoff Media and has the right to select an alternate winner or retain the prize package. Substitution of prizes will not be permitted. Cash will not be rewarded in lieu of any prize. Neuhoff Media will not be liable for the failure of promotional partners in providing the prize. Neuhoff Media has the right to replace any given prize with an alternate in the event the won prize becomes unavailable during the prize redemption window.
6. By claiming the prize, the winner does hereby release and absolutely and forever discharge Neuhoff Media, our partners, officers, directors, affiliates, attorneys, agents, representatives and employees, both present and past, from any and all liabilities, debts, accounts, reckoning, obligations, costs, expenses, actions, and cause of action in every kind of nature whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, whether in law of equity, whether in the past or future, that you may now or hereafter have or claim to have against us based upon or arising out of our connection with, either directly or indirectly, anything omitted, or suffered to be done at any time in connection with the contest, promotion, or prize (on-air or at on-site remotes.) Prize winners also agree to indemnify us from and against any claim, demand debt, liability, cost (including attorney’s fees), expense, action, or cause of action based upon, arising out of, or in connection with your receipt of and enjoyment of prize received.
7. Participation in the contest and the acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. For on-air/on-site/online/text contests, the odds of winning are based upon the number of eligible entries received, date, and time of qualifications and listenership of the particular station during the stated call-in qualification periods. Neuhoff Media and other sponsors will have no responsibility for failure to claim any prize or problems incurred when attempting to win based on allegations of telephone difficulties or other matters of technology including streaming delay versus on-air broadcast.
9. All decisions of Neuhoff Media will be final. Any disputes will be settled by the Neuhoff Media. Qualified entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Neuhoff Media, which are final as to all matters relating to this on-air or on-site remote contest, giveaway, etc. Failure to comply with the contest rules will result in the disqualification and the forfeiture of the prize. Neuhoff Media reserves the right to change or alter these rules at any time without further notice.
A copy of these complete contest rules is made available at the Neuhoff Media Bloomington studios at 520 N Center St, Bloomington, IL 61701
[Photo Credit: Gerd Altmann from Pixabay]